This article explains how to complete the SolidShip installation if you receive an Auto Update Failed error message.
What we'll cover:
How to Enable User Permissions to Enable the Update
Sometimes people receive an error when attempting to update SolidShip. This error is generally caused by Windows' security settings blocking access to the Solid Commerce folder.
Here's how to clear the security settings so you can perform the update:
1) If you have Windows 8, click on the File Explorer and select My Computer. If you have Windows 7 or earlier, Open the Start menu in your taskbar.
2) Open the C: Drive, and open the Program Files (x86) folder.
- If you do not have a Program Files (x86) folder, open the Program Files folder.
3) Right-click the SolidCommerce folder. Select Properties in the pop-up menu.
4) Click the Security tab at the top of the pop-up window.
5) Click the Edit button. This opens the Permissions pop-up.
- In the upper pane, select Users.
- In the lower pane's Full control row, check Allow.
- Click the Apply button.
- Click the OK button.
6) Re-open SolidShip and try to perform the update again.
- Installing the Solid Ship Shipping Tool
- Setting Up the Solid Ship Shipping Tool
- Connecting to Fedex
- Connecting to UPS
- Connecting to an Endicia Label Server Account to Print USPS Labels and Receive Shipping Discounts