This article explains how to create eBay fitment groups, and apply them to your listings, through the Solid Commerce user interface. We also discuss how to add custom fitment information to your listings.
To learn about providing fitment information through Excel, please see Adding eBay Fitment Data and Creating Fitment Groups Using Excel.
Solid Commerce also offers the ability to search eBay's catalog and automatically populate fitment information on your listings. For more info, see Adding eBay Item Specifics to Listings Using Pre-Fill Settings or the Manufacturer Part Number (MPN).
What we'll cover:
- Creating eBay Fitment Groups
- Populating the Fitment Details Page
- Adding Fitment Information to Individual Items
- Related Articles
Creating eBay Fitment Groups
If you sell groups of parts that share the same fitment information, creating eBay Fitment Groups saves you time because you can apply the same group to multiple parts.
If each of your products has unique fitment information, you should simply add fitment information directly to individual items instead of creating Fitment Groups. See the Adding Fitment Information to Individual Items section further down the page.
You can specify a Fitment Group in your eBay Listing Template or apply it to individual listings. To create one:
1) Navigate to Marketplaces -> eBay Parts Fitments.
2) Click the Add Group button in the upper left.
3) Enter a Fitment Group Name.
- We recommend using a short, descriptive, name to make it easy to distinguish your eBay Fitment Groups from one another. As a note, if you choose to assign templates through Excel, you need to enter the Fitment Group name in your spreadsheet.
4) Select the Category ID.
The category you select should correspond to the part you are listing, not the vehicle your part fits. Select a specific category without any subcategories below it (a leaf category).
5) Select eBay Motors from the eBay Site drop-down.
6) Click the Save Fitment Group button.
7) Proceed to the Populating the Fitment Details Page section immediately below to learn how to add compatibility information to your fitment groups.
Populating the Fitment Details Page
1) Click the Add new record button with the green plus sign.
2) In the drop-down menu below Make, select all relevant manufacturers.
3) The Model drop-down displays all of the models available for the makes you selected.
- Check the box next to each applicable model.
- If you would like to select all the models for a particular make, check the box to the left of the maker's name.
4) The Year drop-down menu displays each of the applicable years for the makes and models you selected.
- If you need to view the makes and models available for any given year, click the + sign next to that year. Select all of the correct years or models.
5) The Trim/Engine drop-down displays the available submodels.
- By default, all of the submodels are selected. You can deselect any submodels that don't apply.
- You can also click the + sign to the left of a submodel should you need to make any modifications to a particular make, model, or year.
6) If you want to add notes about the part, enter them in the optional Notes field.
7) Click the green checkmark icon to add your compatibilities.
8) To edit an entry, click the pencil icon. To remove an entry, click the red X icon.
9) Click the Save Fitment Group button.
If you are adding custom fitment information to an individual listing, close the eBay Fitment window. Click the Save Changes button on the eBay Listing Details pop-up.
Adding Fitment Information to Individual Items
1) Navigate to Products -> Inventory Manager. Locate the desired product in your eBay market list.
2) Click the gear icon to launch the eBay Listing Details pop-up window.
3) Under the Basic Listing Information section, change the Part Fitment Group drop-down from None to the Fitment Group you want to use.
- If you selected a Fitment Group that you've already created from the Part Fitment Group drop-down menu, click the Save Changes button. You're finished.
If you select a Fitment Group, and click the View Fitment button, any modifications you make here will apply to every listing that uses the selected Fitment Group.
- If you have not created any Fitment Groups, or none of your Fitment Groups apply to the product, you may provide custom fitment information for the selected listing. Change the Part Fitment Group drop-down menu to Custom. Click the black View Fitment button.
- To add or modify fitment information within the eBay Fitment pop-up window, see the Populating the Fitment Details Page section directly above.
- Adding eBay Fitment Data and Creating Fitment Groups Using Excel
- Using the Manufacturer Part Number (MPN) to List to eBay
- Creating an eBay Listing Rule
- Creating an eBay Listing Template
- Listing a Product to eBay Using a Spreadsheet
Article is closed for comments.