This article covers three different ways to update basic Inventory information on products that already exist in a Warehouse.
To enter new products in a Warehouse, see the Related Articles section below.
If you use the Find & Load tool, we have an article about adding stock to existing products, Updating Quantity While Using the Find & Load Tool.
NOTE: Regardless of how a quantity change occurs in Solid Commerce, the new quantity is automatically sent to the marketplaces.
What we'll cover in this article:
- A List of Inventory Related Fields
- Updating Inventory Info Using a Spreadsheet
- Updating Inventory Info Through the Inventory Manager User Interface
- Updating Inventory Info Through the Quantity History Pop-Up
- Related Articles
A List of Inventory Related Fields
- Quantity (or qty) — The stock level in the Warehouse.
- Cost — The acquisition cost to you (not the price your buyer pays).
- Location (or storage location) — The bin location of the product in your physical warehouse.
- Stock Notes (or qty update notes) — Notes you can add about quantity updates. You can view them in the Quantity History pop up.
Inventory data is tied to each Warehouse or Vendor Inventory List. This allows you to save one product in multiple Warehouses and assign a different quantity, cost, and location in each Warehouse.
Updating Inventory Info Using a Spreadsheet
There are two ways you can update quantities:
- qty delta — Adds or subtracts from the quantity currently saved in your Warehouse.
- qty — Replaces the quantity currently saved in your Warehouse.
For simple uploads, like inventory updates, we recommend using a basic spreadsheet, with only the fields you need.
1) If you are working with a new spreadsheet, add the column headers you need.
- In Excel, you can always click on the Manage Excel Columns button in the Solid Commerce menu to view available column headers.
2) Make sure to include the warehouse name column.
- You need to populate this column with the name of the Warehouse or Vendor Inventory List that contains the products you're updating.
3) Add the products you want to update to your spreadsheet.
Or, retrieve all the products and data from any Warehouse using the Excel Tool's Retrieve Data feature.
- See Retrieving With the Excel Tool - Quick Guide for more information.
4) Include up-to-date info in all the columns of any spreadsheet you upload into Solid Commerce. Leaving certain fields blank during upload, such as storage location, can wipe out the existing data saved in Solid Commerce.
- If you don't need a field, delete the column.
- To learn how to control which rows or columns upload, see Uploading With the Excel Tool - Quick Guide.
4) Upload your file:
- In the Solid Commerce menu in Excel, click the Upload Data button.
- Enter your Solid Commerce user credentials. Check the Update Inventory box, then Confirm.
Updating Inventory Info Through the Inventory Manager User Interface
1) You can update inventory fields on the Warehouse (or Vendor Inventory List) pages in the Inventory Manager.
- Click the Columns Setup button to modify which columns are visible.
2) After you make your revisions, click on the Save button that appears at the upper left-hand side of the product list.
Updating Inventory Info Through the Quantity History Pop-Up
You can also edit inventory fields in the Quantity History pop-up. Storage Location is the only Inventory field that cannot be edited.
1) In the Inventory Manager user interface, click on the clock icon next to the Qty.
2) In the pop-up, enter your updated info and click the Add to location button.
- Use the Remove from inventory radio button to subtract from the current quantity.
- Retrieving With the Excel Tool - Quick Guide and Uploading With the Excel Tool - Quick Guide
- Adding a Product to a Warehouse Through the Web Based Uploader or Excel
- Adding a Product to a Warehouse Through the User Interface
- Updating Quantity While Using the Find & Load Tool
- Quantity History - pending