If you need to add an item to a listing that already exists on Newegg, please see Listing a Product That Already Exists in Newegg's Catalog Using a Spreadsheet.
What we'll cover:
- Downloading Newegg's Item Creation Specifications for Reference
- Adding Your Products to Solid Commerce
- Populating and Uploading the Solid Commerce Template
- Downloadable Templates for Creating New Items on the Newegg Marketplace
- Related Articles
Downloading Newegg's Item Creation Specifications for Reference
To create a listing on Newegg through Solid Commerce, you must populate one of the Solid Commerce templates available in this article.
When populating a Solid Commerce template, it is helpful to refer to Newegg's requirements, field definitions, and valid values. You can find this information on the Instructions, Basic Item Info, and Detail Item Info tabs of templates downloaded directly from Newegg.
To download the template for your category from Newegg for reference:
1) Log into your Newegg Seller Portal.
2) In the sidebar menu, click on Manage Items. Click on Batch Item Creation/Update from the submenu that appears.
3) When the page reloads, select Batch Item Creation from the Action drop down menu.
- Keep Microsoft Excel Format(*.xls) selected in the Template File Format drop-down.
- The Excel formatted templates are the ones with the instructions, definitions, and valid values.
- Select an industry from the Industry drop down.
- Select a specific category from the Category drop down.
4) Click the Download File Template button.
Adding Your Products to Solid Commerce
Your products need to be saved in a Solid Commerce Warehouse or Vendor Inventory List before you can list them.
- To learn how to create new products, and add them to a Warehouse, see the Related Articles section.
Populating and Uploading the Solid Commerce Template
1) Download the template corresponding to your Newegg industry from the bottom of this article.
- If you do not see a template for your industry, please leave us a comment with the industry and the categories you need.
- If the we have the template for your industry, but it doesn't include your categories, leave us a comment with the industry and the categories you need. You can see which categories are supported on the NewEggColumnMappings tab of each template.
2) Here are the required Solid Commerce specific fields:
Solid Commerce Fields
|Field Descriptions and Valid Values
|results||Leave this field blank. It will automatically populate if you upload the file using the Solid Commerce Excel Add-In Tool.|
|product custom sku||The SKUs of your products.|
|warehouse id||The Warehouse IDs of your products.|
The name of your Newegg Market List in Solid Commerce.
The name of the Warehouse(s) Solid Commerce should use as the inventory source for your listings.
Enter Yes to turn the automation on. We will automatically push your data to Newegg to list your product. If you enter No, your product will not list until you turn the automation on.
|market auto rule||
We created a default rule to make things easy. Always enter: Newegg Default.
Enter the Newegg ID number of the category you want to list to.
In our templates, you can find the Category Names, and corresponding Category ID numbers, on the NewEggColumnMappings tab.
|newegg price exp||
This field controls the price of your item on your Newegg listings.
Enter a number without a currency symbol, or enter simple formulas with the word cost, such as cost*1.5 or cost+7. More complex formulas like cost*1.2+5 or ((cost*1.2)+5) work as well.
|newegg qty exp||Enter lq in this field if you want to make your entire inventory available on Newegg. You can also enter formulas. See Using the Listing Quantity Expression to Control the Quantities on Your Listings.|
3) Populate the rest of the template according to Newegg's specifications.
- The information in the Newegg specific fields (fields with sc: as the column header prefix) is saved to your products as Product Attributes. That means that during upload, you need to select to perform a Product update in addition to a Marketplace update.
- VARIATION NOTE: Creating variation listings through Solid Commerce is the same as creating them directly on Newegg. The related seller part# field ties all of the variation items together. The attributes define the values in the drop-down on your listing. Newegg provides details about listing variations on the Instructions tab of their file templates.
4) Upload your file with a Product and Marketplace update.
- Because Newegg specific fields are saved in Solid Commerce as Product Attributes, you must check both the Product and Marketplace updates.
After you upload your file, we will validate it before we submit it to Newegg. If there are any issues, we will display error messages in your Newegg Market List.
Downloadable Templates for Creating New Items on the Newegg Marketplace
To create Newegg listings through Solid Commerce, you need to download and populate one of our templates.
NOTE: You cannot upload templates downloaded from Newegg into Solid Commerce.
Most of our templates are named after their Newegg industry. The categories included in the template are listed on the NewEggColumnMappings tab.
If the templates for your categories don't exist yet, our development team will need to create them. Please add a comment to the bottom of this article. Include both the industry and category names.
- Auto & Hardware: AT Automotive Lighting
- Auto & Hardware: AT Diagnostic Test Tools
- Auto & Hardware: AT Exhaust System
- Auto & Hardware: AT Fuel System Replacement
- Auto & Hardware: AT Shocks Struts Suspension Replacement
- Auto & Hardware: Car Subwoofers
- Auto & Hardware: Engine Parts Replacement
- Auto & Hardware: GPS Navigation
- Auto & Hardware: In Dash Car Audio
- Camera & Photo
- Cell Phone Accessories
- Computer Hardware: Accessories Notebooks Tablets PCs
- Computer Hardware: eBook Reader Tablets
- Computer Hardware: Server Workstation Systems
- Home & Living
- Home Improvement
- Office Equipment & Supplies
- Outdoor & Garden
- Sporting Goods
- Toys Games & Hobbies
- Unlocked Cell Phones
- Connecting to the Newegg Marketplace
- Importing Active Listings From the Newegg Marketplace
- Listing a Product That Already Exists in Newegg's Catalog Using a Spreadsheet
- Uploading With the Excel Tool - Quick Guide
- Creating Products Using a Spreadsheet
- Adding Products to a Warehouse Using a Spreadsheet