A pick list is a report of the products that need to be shipped.
Pick lists are the most popular tool people use to help them pick their products. However, there are other options, such as print packing slips and/or shipping labels.
What we'll cover in this article:
- The Five Different Pick List Templates
- Printing a Pick List
- Using a Custom Order Status to Differentiate Orders You're Picking From New Orders
- Configuring Pick Lists
- Related Articles
The Four Different Pick List Templates
You have a choice between five types of pick lists. Three sort products by Storage Location. Two group products by Order.
- Picking List without Images — Sorted by location. A simple list with no images or barcodes.
- Picking List with Images — Sorted by location. Includes images. With barcodes of your Warehouse IDs.
- Picking List by Order — Sorted by order. Includes order info, product info, and images. With barcodes of your Warehouse IDs and SC Order Numbers. Each order starts on a new page. The background behind every other product is grey to separate the products.
- Picking List by Order Summarized — Sorted by order. Includes order info, product info, and images. With barcodes of your Warehouse IDs and SC Order Numbers. Orders aren't separated onto different pages. The background behind every other product is grey.
Printing a Pick List
1) Go to the Orders menu ->Orders Manager
2) Your Paid/Pending orders will populate
3) Select the orders you want to include in your pick list.
4) Select one of the four pick list templates from the Print drop down menu.
Using a Custom Order Status to Differentiate Orders You're Picking From New Orders
Here is a popular addition to the process of printing pick lists. It uses a custom Order Status to help you easily find new orders and exclude orders you've already printed pick lists for.
- To create a custom Order Status, see Creating and Using Custom Order Statuses.
1) The beginning of the process is the same as Steps 1 through 4 above:
- Search for Paid orders. Select the orders you want to include in your pick list.
2) While the products are still selected, use the Change Order Status drop-down to choose your custom status. We named ours custom order (Pending Shipment) Status
3) When you're ready to pick more products, search for Paid orders again. You can check the Exclude sub-statuses box so only new Paid orders are found. You can find this option under "All Filters"
Configuring Pick List Barcode Value (coming soon to BETA!)
We have a new feature option which will be available in BETA where you will be able to change the barcode to configure to UPC or to SKU.
1) In BETA, go to Admin> Forms Layouts> Pick List configuration
2) You can select Print SKU barcode preference by selecting the radio button
NOTE: the default option is SKU
- When you select "Print SKU Barcodes", the Picking List will be printed with standard SKU Barcode
- When you select "Print UPC Barcodes", the Picking List will be printed with UPC Barcode