If you want to know how to enable serial number functionality, add serial numbers to items, or view serials in a Warehouse, please see Enabling Serial Number Functionality and Adding Serial Numbers to Items.
What we'll cover:
- Shipping Orders for Items With Serial Numbers Through SolidShip
- Viewing Serial Numbers on the Manage Orders Page
- Related Articles
Shipping Orders for Items With Serial Numbers Through SolidShip
1) Launch the SolidShip Shipping Tool.
2) Enter the SKU, UPC, Market Order Number, or SC Sale ID of a Paid order.
- If the order contains at least one item with serial number functionality enabled, a Serial Number confirmation window will appear.
3) Select the field to the right of your item's SKU. Scan the serial number sticker adhered to your item, or enter the serial number manually.
4) SolidShip processes the serial numbers based on the Serial Number Type you assigned to the item:
|Serial Number Type
||How SolidShip Processes Entered Serial Numbers
If you enter a serial number that has already been shipped, SolidShip will not allow you to ship the order.
If you enter a serial number that has not been shipped, the serial will be added to Solid Commerce and assigned to the shipment.
With this option, you must add your serial numbers to Solid Commerce before you ship.
During shipping, the serial number you enter in SolidShip must match one of the serial numbers you added to Solid Commerce. You must also enter a serial number that has not already been shipped.
5) After you enter all of your serial numbers in the Serial Number confirmation window, the OK button will become active. Click on it to print your shipping label.
- Once your label successfully prints, Solid Commerce will add the tracking number to your order and mark it as Shipped. Shipment and tracking info will automatically be sent to the marketplace.
Viewing Serial Numbers on the Manage Orders Page
1) Search for an order that has an item with serial number functionality enabled.
2) Click the Switch to Items button to view the Serial Number Type assigned to the ordered items.
- NOTE: If you don't see the Serial Number Tracking column, click on the Columns Setup button. Check the Serial Number Tracking box in the pop-up. Click the Apply and Close button.
3) You can view the serial numbers assigned to an item during shipping by hovering over any item's Serial Number Type.
- Enabling Serial Number Functionality and Adding Serial Numbers to Items
- Retrieving and Removing Serial Numbers
- Getting Started With Order Management - An Overview of the Manage Orders Page
- Printing a Pick List
- Installing the SolidShip Shipping Tool