What we'll cover:
- Magento Versions Supported by Solid Commerce
- Setting Up Solid Commerce for the Connection
- Creating a New User in Magento
- Finding and Verifying Your Magento Access URL
- Connecting Solid Commerce to Magento
- Connecting to Magento Community Version 18.104.22.168
- Related Articles
Magento Versions Supported by Solid Commerce
- Magento Community Edition: 1.6 through 22.214.171.124, we also support version 2.0 through the latest 2.2.x updates
- Magento Enterprise Edition: 1.11 through 126.96.36.199
If you are using Magento Community version 188.8.131.52, you must make some additional adjustments to enable the connection with Solid Commerce. Upgrading is not required, but it is one option. All three options are listed in the Connecting to Magento Community Version 184.108.40.206 section at the bottom of the article.
Setting Up Solid Commerce for the Connection
Before you connect to Magento, you should have a Warehouse or Vendor Inventory List, My Store Market List, and a My Store Pricing Rule.
To learn how to create them, see the Related Articles section.
Creating a User in Magento
Solid Commerce needs a new Magento user name and API key to use for the connection.
1) Log into your Magento admin panel.
2) Go to the System menu -> Web Services -> Users.
3) Click on Add New User.
- Fill in the User Information. Enter Solid Commerce as the User Name.
- Create an API Key.
- Copy and paste the User Name and API Key into a Notepad or Word doc. You will need to enter them into your Solid Commerce account.
4) Go to the System menu -> Web Services -> Roles
5) Click on Add User Role.
- Select Role Info in the sidebar menu. Enter Integration in the Role Name field.
- Select Role Resources in the sidebar menu. Select All from the Resource Access drop-down menu.
- Select Role Users in the sidebar menu. Assign the User Role you just created to your new Solid Commerce user.
If you have any trouble creating the user, please contact Magento's support.
Finding and Verifying Your Magento Access URL
To connect to Magento, you need to save the Access URL for your webstore in your Solid Commerce account.
The format of the Access URL varies from one store to another. It is important to follow the steps below.
1) Log into your Magento admin panel.
2) Copy the URL of the admin panel. EXAMPLE: www.scstore.com/admin123.
3) Paste the address in a new browser window.
- You will automatically be redirected to a different URL.
- Copy the new URL. EXAMPLE: https://scstore.com/index.php/admin123.
4) Replace the admin portion at the end of the URL with api/v2_soap. EXAMPLE: https://scstore.com/index.php/api/v2_soap.
- This is the Access URL you will paste into Solid Commerce.
5) You can verify that your Access URL is correct by pasting it in a new browser window. If XML code loads in your browser window, the URL is correct.
- If the Magento installation page loads instead of the XML code, there is an issue with the Access URL. If you have Magento version 220.127.116.11, you don't need to revise the Access URL. Instead, you can resolve the issue by connecting Solid Commerce to your webstore. After connecting, execute one of the options in the Connecting to Magento Version 18.104.22.168 section at the bottom of this article.
Connecting Solid Commerce to Magento
1) In Solid Commerce, go to the Marketplaces menu -> Sales Channel Connections.
2) Click on the Magento icon.
3) In the Magento section enter your:
|Access URL||The URL you found following the steps in the previous section of this article, Finding and Verifying Your Magento Access URL.|
|API Key||Copied from the new Magento user you created for Solid Commerce.|
|User ID||The name of the new Magento user you created for Solid Commerce.|
4) For Order Import settings: Use the calendar and clock icons to enter a Start Date for Order Import.
5) The Import Items from Magento section:
Before you import your listings, it's important to understand how your SKUs and information will import into our platform.
If you're not ready to import yet, or don't have any active listings to import, click the Save Magento button. You're done for now.
If you're ready to import, follow the steps below.
- Check the Automatically insert new products from your Magento store box.
- Select the correct:
- Warehouse name
- Market list name
- Import pricing rule
- If you are new to Solid Commerce, we recommend importing your listings with the Default automation status set to: Start NOT Automated.
- Go to your My Store Market List in the Inventory Manager. Select all of your imported listings. Click the Start Automation button.
- With the automation off, Solid Commerce will not communicate with Magento. We will import orders, and track quantities, but we will not send quantity or price updates to Magento.
- Once you are certain the quantities in Solid Commerce are correct, and are comfortable managing your inventory, prices, and listings, you are ready to turn the automation on.
- If you need to import listings on an ongoing basis, come back to this Marketplaces Setup page. Change the Default automation status to: Start Automated.
6) Select the type of units you used for the Weight on your Magento listings: OZ or LB.
7) Select your Magento store version from the Version drop-down menu.
8) Select a Get Unpaid Orders option:
- By default, Solid Commerce will not import orders until after payment has been verified.
- If you want us to bring in orders before payment has been confirmed, check the Get Unpaid Orders box.
9) Click the Save button.
The connection is complete, unless you have Magento version 22.214.171.124.
Connecting to Magento Community Version 126.96.36.199
You have three options for resolving the connection issue with version 188.8.131.52:
- Install the patch provided by Magento: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/m1x/ce19-ee114/ce1.9_release-notes.html#ce19-patches-soap.
- Some of our clients work with developers who are familiar with Magento connection issues. The developers were able to resolve the issue through Magento's backend.
- Upgrade your store to a newer version.
- Please be aware that some of your Magento functionality may not be supported by all versions of Magento.