This article will show you how to connect your Bigcommerce store to your Solid Commerce account.
What we'll cover in this article:
- Before You Connect to Bigcommerce
- Setting up Solid Commerce for the Connection
- Creating an API Account in Bigcommerce
- Connecting Solid Commerce to Bigcommerce
- Troubleshooting the Automated Listing Import
- Related Articles
Before You Connect to Bigcommerce
We highly recommend consulting with your Implementation Manager before you import any listings or orders into your Solid Commerce account.
You can still connect to your Bigcommerce webstore, and create new listings, without turning on the auto-import function.
Setting up Solid Commerce for the Connection
1) Before you connect to Bigcommerce, you need a Warehouse (or Vendor Inventory List) in Solid Commerce (see Creating a Warehouse). You also need a My Store Market List (see Creating a Market List).
2) A pricing rule is needed for Bigcommerce too (see Creating a My Store (MyStore) Pricing Rule).
Creating an API Account in Bigcommerce
First, you will need to create a new API account in BigCommerce. Please follow the steps below to do so. If you encounter any trouble, please consult BigCommerce's support.
- Log in to your BigCommerce Dashboard
- Click on Advanced Settings in the left-hand menu
- Click on API Accounts
- Click the Create API Account button
- Enter a Name for the app. (Choose any name you like.)
- Copy the URL displayed in the field labeled API Path. (You will need this URL to complete your connection to BigCommerce.)
- Under OAuth Scopes, specify the API resources and permissions. Important: You must click "modify" for each of the following:
- Order Transactions
- Information & Settings read-only
- Click Save
- If your save was successful, a popup will be displayed containing your API credentials. Copy the Client ID and Access Token and paste them in a safe location. (We don't need your Client Secret, but you should also save this, as there is no way to re-display this pop-up after you select Done to dismiss it.)
- Paste your BigCommerce API Path into the Access URL field on this page
- Important! - Change the "v3" in the Access URL to "v2" if you are on Version 2 of Big Commerce
Connecting Solid Commerce to Bigcommerce
1) In Solid Commerce, go to the Marketplaces menu -> Sales Channel Connections.
- Click on the Connect More
- Select Big Commerce from the available carts
- Name your account
2) Go back your Bigcommerce Legacy API page.
- Click on the Gear icon to the right of your API account -> Select Edit from the drop down menu.
- After the edit page loads, copy the Username.
3) In the Big Commerce section of the Solid Commerce setup page:
- Copy and paste your Bigcommerce API Path into the Solid Commerce Access URL field.
- Paste your Bigcommerce API account Username into the Solid Commerce Client ID field.
- Copy and paste your Bigcommerce API Token into the Solid Commerce Access Token field.
4) Use the calendar and clock icons to enter a Start Sync Orders From DT. Use Pacific Time.
5) Auto Import Setup:
If you're not ready to import yet, click the Connect button. You're done for now.
If you're ready to import, follow the steps below.
- Check the Automatically insert new products from your Big Commerce account check box.
- Select the correct:
- Warehouse name
- Market list name
- Import pricing rule
- If you are new to Solid Commerce, we recommend importing your listings with the Default automation status set to: Start NOT Automated.
- Go to your Bigcommerce Market List in the Inventory Manager. Select all of your imported listings and click the Start Automation button.
- With the automation off, Solid Commerce will not communicate with Bigcommerce. We will import orders, and track quantities, but we will not send quantity or price updates to Bigcommerce.
- Once you are certain the quantities in Solid Commerce are correct, and understand how to manage your inventory, prices, and listings, you are ready to turn the automation on.
- If you need to import listings on an ongoing basis, come back to this Marketplaces Setup page after you turn the automation on. Change the Default automation status to: Start Automated.
The Get Unpaid Orders option:
- By default, Solid Commerce will not import orders until after payment has been verified.
- If you want us to bring in orders before payment has been confirmed, check the Get Unpaid Orders box.
- Click the Connect button.
The connection is complete.
NOTE: we do support bringing in Order Cancellation synchronization from Big Commerce and adding back inventory.
Troubleshooting the Automated Listing Import
If your listings aren't importing, try the following:
1) Log in to Bigcommerce to see if your items have Product Codes or SKUs. SKUs allow us to accurately identify items and sync product data. We cannot import listings that don't have Product Codes or SKUs.
- If you need to add SKUs to your products, please consult Bigcommerce's support article: Article here
2) We cannot import listings that you aren't managing inventory on. If your Stock Level in Bigcommerce is N/A, you will need to add stock so that we can import your listings.
- Creating a Warehouse
- Creating a Market List
- Creating a My Store (MyStore) Pricing Rule
- Creating New Listings on Bigcommerce Using a Spreadsheet
Article is closed for comments.