This only applies if you pay to add the eBay Store to your eBay seller account. This is not how you find the categories that eBay uses on its marketplace. To find those, see our article Finding eBay Category Numbers.
What we'll cover in this article:
Finding eBay Store Category Numbers
1) Log into your eBay account.
2) Navigate to your Selling Manager (My eBay menu on the right-hand side of the top bar -> Selling).
3) In the Account tab drop down menu -> Manage My Store.
3) In the Store Management shortcut menu on the upper left-hand side of the page, click on Store Categories. A chart of categories will appear.
- On the bottom right of the chart, click on the All Categories link. A complete list of Store Category names and numbers will load.
You cannot list to any categories that have subcategories beneath them (only "leaf" categories work).
3) Some people find it handy to either print this Store Category list or put the names and numbers in an Excel file for quick copying and pasting.
- You can select the entire chart of Store Category Names and Numbers and copy them. You can use the Paste Special command “Match Destination Formatting" when you paste into Excel.
- Before you change any store category on a template that's already been set up, see Changing an eBay Listing Template and Updating Live Listings.
- Creating an eBay Listing Template: Basic Listing Information
- Finding eBay Category Numbers