We are excited to announce the release of the new Add-on "Automatic Kit Costs Calculation" feature.
This is a premium feature module. Please reach out to your Growth Advisor or email@example.com for pricing and to enable this feature on your account.
We identified that currently, Kit Parents only add up the total of quantity/inventory from the kit parts. It doesn’t add up the total of the kit part costs. Sometimes the vendor changes the costs and users have to re-calculate manually.
Implementation of Automatic Kit Costs Calculation for Kit Parts.
How to set Automatic Kit Costs:
- Search for the Kit Parent SKU in the warehouse or vendor list.
- Click on the Kit icon of the Kit Parent SKU in the warehouse to open the Product Kitting Details window.
NOTE: do not select the Kit Parent SKU in a marketplace list as this logic is implemented on the warehouse level.
- You set Kit cost in the Product Kitting Details window by clicking the pencil icon for kit parent:
- Then click the check mark under Automatic Cost Calculation and lastly clicking the Update green check mark. After that you can close the Product Kitting Details window.
- Once the set up is complete a cycle will run every 5 mins that will calculate the Kit Cost. Also the cost field of the Kit Parent will be greyed out.
- If you have kit parts with different costs in different warehouses, then Automatic Kit Cost calculation will be disabled for this Kit.
- Automatic Kit costs will be calculated only if there is only one inventory source for each parts and no alternate parts configured.
- This means that a Kit shouldn’t have several Inventory sources
- Items in Kit shouldn’t have Alternative items which link to the Kit
- If the Kit is calculated automatically, changing the costs for this Kit will not possible to change through the UI, ( it will be grey out).
- Introduction to Kitting: Bundles, Multipacks, and Aggregates
- Creating Kits: Bundles
- Creating Kits: Multipacks (Lot Listings)
- Creating Kits: Listing One Product Multiple Times
- Creating Kits: Aggregates
- Removing Kit Parts and Deleting Kits
- Additional Kitting Option: Using Interchangeable Items in Bundles