That being said, some clients may still need to use ShipWorks instead. This article reviews how the integration works and how you connect to ShipWorks.
What we'll cover:
- Integration Capabilities
- Before You Connect
- Order Statuses
- Establishing the Connection
- Temporarily Disabling the Auto Import Function
- Setting Up Actions
- Re-Enabling the Auto Import
- Related Articles
- Solid Commerce will mark orders as Shipped and push the tracking number to the marketplaces as usual.
- Shipping Rules set up in Solid Commerce will NOT be applied to orders as they are sent to ShipWorks. Shipping rules and preferences need to be established directly in ShipWorks. The requested Shipping Method will be sent to ShipWorks exactly as it imports from the marketplace into Solid Commerce.
- ShipWorks stores tracking numbers at the order level, not the item level. If there are multiple shipments for a single order, there is no way for us to know which tracking number should be assigned to which item. Therefore, every item in an order will receive the same shipment and tracking information.
- If ShipWorks is installed on multiple computers, you only need to perform the setup steps in this article on one computer. Multiple ShipWorks installations all access a single ShipWorks account. The orders that download in ShipWorks on one computer will migrate to the other ShipWorks installations automatically.
NOTE: While we import most order details, we do not currently import any Buyer Notes that the buyer may have entered upon checkout.
Before You Connect
ShipWorks must be downloaded and installed on each computer that will be used to print labels. ShipWorks' documentation should be consulted for installation instructions.
Any orders in a Pending status (or in a custom status with Pending as the parent status) will automatically import into ShipWorks each time the import cycle runs. Typically, ShipWorks' auto import function runs every 15 minutes.
- If you do not want to import certain orders, you can change their status to Waiting for Seller (or a custom status with Waiting for Seller as the base status). You must change the status of these orders prior to establishing the connection with ShipWorks.
- For best performance, we recommend using the auto import function. However, if you prefer to manually download orders using the Download button, you may leave the auto import function disabled. See the Temporarily Disabling the Auto Import Function section for instructions.
- We will only send orders to ShipWorks if they are in a Paid status in Solid Commerce, or have a custom status that has a parent status of Paid.
- After Solid Commerce sends the order to ShipWorks, the Online Status in ShipWorks will change to Sent to ShipWorks. The order will still be in a Paid status in Solid Commerce until it is shipped through ShipWorks.
- Once the order is shipped through ShipWorks, shipment and tracking information will be added to Solid Commerce and the order status will update to Shipped.
Establishing the Connection
1) Go to Manage -> Stores.
2) Click Add New Store.
3) In the drop down below What platform do you sell on?, select SolidCommerce.
4) Click Next.
5) Enter you Solid Commerce login credentials.
6) In the Module URL text field, paste the following address:
(The URL for the original version of the integration was: https://shipping.solidcommerce.com/api/shipworks)
7) Click Next. You will see a window with the store information. If you see this page, the API connection was successful. The information in this window is returned via API.
You do not need to modify any information in this window. It will not be visible on labels. Click Next.
8) You will see the Contact Information. Click Next.
9) On the Store Setup window, keep the Upload the shipment tracking number and Set the online order status to boxes selected. Leave the drop-down set to Shipped. Click Next.
10) You will see the Setup Complete screen.
11) Now that you are prepared, click the Finish button.
12) Immediately stop the download by clicking Cancel.
Once you hit Cancel, you will be viewing the inside of ShipWorks.
Temporarily Disabling the Auto Import Function
Before you can import orders, you need to temporarily turn off the auto import function so you can create some actions. After you complete the setup, you can re-enable auto import.
1) Click Manage -> Stores.
2) In the pop-up window, click Edit.
3) In the next window, select Store Settings from the panel on the left.
4) Uncheck the Automatically download every 15 minutes box.
5) Click OK at the bottom of the window.
Setting Up Actions
Actions allow ShipWorks and Solid Commerce to correctly communicate order status information.
1) Select the Manage tab.
2) Click Actions.
3) Click the New Action button.
4) In the pop-up window, enter UpdateSC in the Name field.
5) Check the box next to Only if the order and leave the drop-down set to was downloaded for the first time.
6) Click the Add Task button.
7) Select Update Online Status from the context menu.
8) Verify that the Status drop-down menu is Sent To ShipWorks.
9) Click on Flow...
10) In the pop-up window, select the check-box next to Only if the order is in. Leave the drop-down menu set to Orders.
11) Click OK.
12) Click OK again.
UpdateSC now appears in your list of Actions.
13) We will add one more action. Click New Action.
14) In the Name field, enter UpdateSC2.
15) Check the Only if the order box. Change the drop-down menu to has been downloaded before.
16) Click Add Task.
17) Select Update Online Status from the context menu.
18) Ensure the Status drop-down is set to Sent To ShipWorks.
19) Click Flow...
20) Check the Only if the order box. Leave the drop-down menu set to Orders.
21) Click OK.
22) Click OK again.
UpdateSC2 now appears in your list of Actions.
You can click Close to exit this window.
Re-Enable the Auto Import
Now that you have set up your Actions, you can turn the auto import function back on.
We recommend using the auto import function. However, if you prefer to manually download orders using the Download button, you may leave the auto import function disabled.
Follow these steps to re-enable the auto import function:
1) Click on Manage -> Stores.
2) Make sure Solid Commerce is highlighted in the pop-up window. Click Edit.
3) Select Store Settings from the left panel.
4) Check the Automatically download every 15 minutes box.
5) Click OK at the bottom of the window.
- Getting Started with Order Management- An Overview of the Manage Orders Page
- Creating and Using Custom Order Statuses
- Orders, Refunds, and Cancellations on All Marketplaces