What we'll cover:
- Searching for Orders
- Viewing Order Information
- Changing Order Statuses
- Printing Pick Lists, Invoices, and Performing Other Actions
- Making Updates in the Order Details Window
- Related Articles
Searching for Orders
1) To find your orders, go to the Orders menu -> Manage Orders.
2) At the top of the Manage Orders page, you can click one of the large search shortcut buttons to search by order status.
- Searching for Paid orders is the most common search people perform when they are ready to fulfill orders.
4) If you want to filter your search, the Search bar offers a long list of fields to search.
- A few of the more popular options are: Ship To Name, Market Order Number, SKU, SKU (Partial Match), and SC Order ID.
5) You can also search for any order status, including custom statuses, by using the Order Status drop-down.
- For more information about custom order statuses, please see Creating and Using Custom Order Statuses.
6) The More Search Options button gives you a range of filters.
- You can search by: marketplace, date range, international orders, orders with multiple orders, Warehouse, and more.
- NOTE: If you use a More Search Options filter, the More Search Options settings will collapse when you click Search. However, the filter you used is still active even though it is no longer visible. The filter will affect additional searches unless you change it, remove it, or refresh the page.
Viewing Order Information
1) After performing a search, you can use the Columns Setup button to customize your view.
2) Hover over the SC Order ID to see which items were ordered.
3) Hover over the Ship To Name to see the shipping address. Click on it to edit the ship to name and address.
4) Click on the SC Order ID to open the Order Details window.
- It contains all the information about the order, including: status, order numbers, ship method, totals, ordered items, ship to information, tracking, and notes.
5) The default view on the Manage Orders page is the order view. If you want to see the items in the orders instead of the order info, click the Switch to Items View button.
- The Items View displays each item from an order on its own row in the results grid. A multiple item order will display on multiple rows.
- You will need to use the Columns Setup button again to customize this view.
Changing Order Statuses
To change the status of an order:
1) Select the order in the search results.
2) Select an order status from the Change Status drop-down menu.
3) Click the Apply Status Change button.
Custom order statuses can help you keep your orders organized. For more info, see: Creating and Using Custom Order Statuses.
To cancel an order:
1) Select the order in the search results.
2) Click the Cancel Orders button.
- Provide a reason about the cancellation.
- Select whether or not you want the ordered items added back to stock in your Warehouse.
3) Click the Apply button.
NOTE: Cancelling orders in Solid Commerce will not cancel them on the marketplace. For a full explanation of the process, see Order Returns, Refunds, and Cancellations on All Marketplaces.
Printing Pick Lists, Invoices, and Performing Other Actions
1) Here is what he Action shortcut buttons to the left of each order do:
- Envelope icon — Allows you to send an email to that buyer.
- Clock icon — Opens the Order Status History window, which shows all status changes, who made the change, and any change of status notes.
- The History drop-down allows you to see any changes to the Ship To Address.
- $ icon — For Paid orders, it shows the payment history. For orders with other statuses, it allows you to record a payment.
- Notepad with pencil icon — Allows you to add a note to your order.
- Rectangular paper icon — Opens a pop-up menu to print pick lists, packing slips, invoices, or send an email.
NOTE: On the subject of email, we have a CRM that is designed to automatically send emails when orders from a specific marketplace change status. For example, you can set up the CRM to send emails after orders are shipped.
The CRM is a better tool for mass emailing than the email options on the Manage Orders page.
2) The Actions drop-down menu gives you the option to print pick lists, packing slips, invoices, send emails, or change the fulfillment Warehouse used by items in orders.
- To use any of the options in the Actions drop-down menu, select one or more of the orders in your search results.
- Select the action you want to execute from the drop-down. Click the Go button.
3) The Print Picking List and Print Packing Slips buttons are shortcut alternatives to the Actions drop-down menu.
Making Updates in the Order Details Window
Opening the Order Details window gives you a wide range of editing capabilities. Here are a few:
- You can change order status, ship to information, ship method, or add a note.
- You can also add a product to an order (if it is allowed by that marketplace), or manually enter tracking information.
- Creating and Using Custom Order Statuses
- Printing a Pick List
- Printing Packing Slips and Invoices
- Order Returns, Refunds, and Cancellations on All Marketplaces
- Exporting Orders Reports