This article will show you how to connect to Jet.com and set up multiple fulfillment warehouses.
What we'll cover:
- Before You Connect to Jet
- Connecting to Jet
- Syncing Orders
- Choosing Your Fulfillment Warehouse and Using Multiple Warehouses
- Importing Live Listings
- Related Articles
Before You Connect to Jet
For Jet, we automatically create a Pricing Rule when you connect. It's named Jet Default. There's no need to create one on your own unless you want to view or change the options. If you do, see Editing and Creating a Jet Pricing Rule.
Connecting to Jet
1) If you had previously connected your Jet account to an outside system, like a multichannel ecommerce platform or listing service, please contact Jet and request that end the connection with your older system.
Jet can only connect to one system at a time.
If you never connected your Jet account to any other system, you can disregard this step and proceed to Step 2.
2) Log in to your Jet seller panel. Click on API in the sidebar menu.
3) Copy the API User ID.
4) In a new tab or window, log in to your Solid Commerce account.
5) Go to the Marketplaces menu -> Marketplaces Setup. Click on the Jet tab.
6) Paste the API User ID into the API User field.
7) Back in the Jet window, copy the Secret key ID.
8) Paste it into the Secret Key field in Solid Commerce.
If you are ready to import your orders, set the date and time to the present.
1) Enter the date and time in Pacific Time inside the Start Sync Orders From DT field, or use the calendar and clock icons.
2) Click the SAVE STORE CHANGES button.
Choosing Your Fulfillment Warehouse and Using Multiple Warehouses
You must match the fulfillment warehouse you created in Jet to a Solid Commerce Warehouse or Vendor Inventory List, even if you are only using one Warehouse to fulfill Jet orders.
1) In your Jet seller portal, click on Fulfillment in the sidebar menu.
2) Copy the Fulfillment Node ID of the warehouse you want to use.
3) In Solid Commerce, paste the Fulfillment Node ID in the Fulfillment Location field.
4) Select a matching Warehouse or Vendor Inventory List from the Warehouse Name in Solid Commerce drop-down.
5) Click the ADD NEW MATCHING button.
6) Click the SAVE STORE CHANGES button.
Jet allows you to add multiple fulfillment warehouses to your Jet account. They use proximity as one of the factors in determining which seller to award an order to.
If you have created multiple fulfillment warehouses in your Jet account, repeat Steps 2 - 5 for each warehouse. Map each Jet warehouse to only one Solid Commerce Warehouse and each Solid Commerce Warehouse to only one Jet warehouse.
Once you have mapped all of your warehouses, the SAVE STORE CHANGES button.
The Listing Quantity Expression you enter for your listing will be applied to all of the Warehouses you select as the PO Sources.
EXAMPLE: You have two Warehouses. Warehouse A has a quantity of 4. Warehouse B has a quantity of 2. You enter a Listing Quantity Expression of lq-1. For Warehouse A, we will submit a quantity of 3. For Warehouse B, we will submit a quantity of 1.
Importing Live Listings
Before you import live listings, you need to select the warehouse you want to use for fulfilling your Jet orders. For instructions see the section above, Choosing Your Fulfillment Warehouse and Using Multiple Warehouses.
If you have already listed items to Jet through an outside system and want to import your live listings:
1) Check the Automatically insert new products from Jet box.
2) Select the correct:
- Market list name
- Import pricing rule
3) Select a Default automation status from the drop-down menu.
- If you are new to Solid Commerce, we recommend selecting Start NOT Automated.
- With the automation off, we won't communicate with Jet. We will import orders, and track quantities internally, but we won't send quantity or price updates to Jet.
- Once you are certain that your inventory is correct in Solid Commerce, and you are ready to manage inventory, prices, and listings, you can turn the automation on.
- To automate your products, go to your Jet Market List in the Inventory Manager, select all of your imported listings, and click the Start Automation button.
- If you are already familiar with Solid Commerce, select Start Automated.
4) Click the Save Store Changes button.
5) Because you cannot create listings directly through Jet, you can uncheck the Automatically insert new products from Jet box after your live listings import.
We only import listings that have inventory on Jet. "Have inventory" doesn't mean that they must have a positive quantity. "Have inventory" means that the listings have a fulfillment warehouse assigned to them.
We connect the imported listings to the correct Solid Commerce Warehouse based on the Jet fulfillment warehouse assigned to them.
Jet's listing statuses import as follows:
- Listings with a Jet status of "Available for Purchase" or "Under Jet Review" are given a status of online in Solid Commerce.
- Listings with any other Jet status, like "Excluded" or "Missing Listing Data," are given a status of offline in Solid Commerce.