If the product you want to sell has already been added to Jet's catalog, you can easily add yourself to the existing listing through Solid Commerce. All you need is a UPC, ISBN, EAN, or ASIN, a price, and a few other pieces of information.
If the product you want to sell hasn't been listed on Jet yet, please see Creating New Listings on Jet.
What we'll cover:
- Jet Only Displays One Price on Each Listing
- Required Fields
- Strongly Encouraged Fields
- Optional Fields
- Finding the Jet Browse Node ID for Your Template
- Uploading Your Spreadsheet
- Downloadable Template With an Example Product
- Related Articles
Jet Only Displays One Price on Each Listing
After a product is listed on Jet the first time, Jet adds all additional retailers to that listing (just like Amazon, Newegg, and Rakuten). Whereas these other marketplaces display all of the prices and seller information to buyers, Jet displays only one price to buyers. All seller info is hidden.
Jet determines what the display price should be by considering several factors, such as each seller's base price and the product's proximity to the "ship to" address. Jet then displays the price they consider to be most "efficient" and "economical."
The seller's business name isn't visible to the buyer until checkout.
Jet provides two reasons for displaying one price instead of displaying all sellers and prices:
- It is less confusing and more convenient for buyers.
- It levels the playing field for small sellers—they have the same opportunity of being selected as larger competitors.
NOTE: In Solid Commerce, all jet attr: columns are Product Level fields (found on the Products + Inventory tab of the attached template). All jet: columns are Marketplace Level fields (found on the Jet - Existing Listing tab).
If the item you want to list already exists in Solid Commerce, you don't need to repopulate any of the fields on the Products + Inventory tab that you have already populated in the past (upc, manufacturer, qty, image file, etc.).
|Field Name||Field Description and Valid Values|
|results||Leave this field blank. It will automatically populate when you upload the file using the Solid Commerce Excel Add-In Tool.|
|product custom sku||The SKU of your product.|
|warehouse id||The Warehouse ID of your product.|
|upc, isbn, ean, asin||The product identifier for your product. You must provide at least one value for the Universal Product Code (UPC), International Standard Book Number (ISBN), International Article Number (EAN), or Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN).|
|image file||The URL of your product's main image.
According to Jet, images must be at least 40,000 square pixels (ie 200 x 200 pixels). The smallest side must be at least 100 pixels. The recommended length is 1500 px x 1500 px or larger. PNG and GIF are unsupported formats.
|jet attr:brand||The brand of your product.|
|jet:title||This field allows you to provide a listing title that is unique to Jet. The maximum title length is 500 characters.
If you don't provide a jet:title, we will submit your product name as the title.
|jet:price exp||This price is submitted to Jet as the base "item price" for your listing.
Jet adds your shipping fees separately. They also offer discounts to buyers using the Jet Rules Engine.
The pricing rules you set up inside your Jet account control the final "settlement price" you are paid.
You have two options for populating this field:
The number of products included in the order. This number is used to create multipack listings.
|market auto rule
||The name of the Jet Pricing Rule you want to use on your listing.|
|list name||The name of your Jet Market List in Solid Commerce.|
|po sources||The name of the Warehouse(s) Solid Commerce should use as the inventory source for your listings.|
Enter lq in this field if you want to make your entire inventory available on Jet. You may also enter formulas. See Using the Listing Quantity Expression to Control the Quantities on Your Listings for more.
EXAMPLE: You have two Warehouses. Warehouse A has a quantity of 4. Warehouse B has a quantity of 2. You enter a Listing Quantity Expression of lq-1. For Warehouse A, we will submit a quantity of 3. For Warehouse B, we will submit a quantity of 1.
|jet:run||Enter Yes to turn the automation on. Automated items are automatically submitted to Jet for listing.
If you enter No, your product will not list until you turn the automation on.
Strongly Encouraged Fields
Jet will improve the quality of a listing that already exists in their catalog if they receive additional data. In order to improve the quality of their catalog, Jet strongly encourages sellers to provide the fields in this table.
|Field Name||Field Description
||The weight of your product. Enter it in ounces with no decimals.|
|jet description||This field allows you to create a description that is unique to Jet.com. Maximum description length is 2,000 characters.
If you don't provide a jet description, we will submit the description saved in the general description field. The general description field can also be used on other marketplaces.
||The URL of your product's main image.
According to Jet, images must be at least 40,000 square pixels (ie 200 x 200 pixels). The smallest side must be at least 100 pixels. The recommended length is 1500 px x 1500 px or larger.
|jet attr:package length inches||The length of the shipping packaging for your product.|
|jet attr:package width inches||The width of the shipping packaging for your product.|
|jet attr:package height inches||The height of the shipping packaging for your product.|
|jet:browse node id||The category number, found inside the Jet Taxonomy spreadsheet. For instructions on finding the browse node ID, see the Finding the Jet Browse Node ID for Your Template section of this article.|
|Field Name||Field Description|
Pasting your Product Names into the Jet - Existing Listings tab of your spreadsheet can make it easier to see which products you are working on.
If you don't provide a unique jet:title, we will submit the product name to Jet as the listing title. Jet allows a maximum of 500 characters in the title.
|jet attr:product tax code||
The tax code for your product's category. Jet's Taxonomy file provides a value for each category.
Enter the number of days it takes for you to fulfill the order. Products classified as "essentials" must be delivered in 2 days.
The Minimum Advertised Price provided by the manufacturer of your product.
This setting controls how all prices are displayed on Jet, not just the Minimum Advertised Price.
|jet:no return fee adjustment||
This setting overrides the category level fee adjustment you set for your Jet account. The return fee adjustment is the amount of additional commission you are willing to pay if the buyer waives their ability to return the product.
Enter a percentage expressed as a decimal.
EXAMPLE: Your normal commission base rate is 15%. You are willing to pay an additional 2% in commission if the buyer waives their right to return the product. Enter 0.02 into this field. That would bring the total commission you pay Jet to 17%.
|jet:exclude from fee adjustments||
Enter Yes into this field to prevent Jet from providing any fee adjustment rules to your listing. Denying fee adjustments may limit your ability to win orders.
Finding the Jet Browse Node ID for Your Template
You aren't required to provide the Jet Browse Node ID when adding yourself to listings that already exist in Jet's catalog. However, Jet strongly encourages you to provide a category number so that they can try to improve the quality of their catalog.
If you want to provide the Browse Node ID, the only way to find it is to use Jet's Taxonomy file.
1) Click on this link to download Jet's Taxonomy file from their Dropbox account, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/majqo91ph2k8x0p/AAD_GnMzkDlFQrHfCrJZKt94a/Jet_Taxonomy.xlsx?dl=0.
2) Click on the Download button.
- You don't need a Dropbox account to view or download Jet's Taxonomy file. If Dropbox prompts you to create an account, you can use the No thanks, continue to view -> option at the bottom of the overlay window.
3) Download the file and open it in Excel. Select the Categories tab.
4) Find the category you want to list to.
- The categories are listed numerically according to the Jet Browse Node ID numbers.
- Excel's Find & Select feature can be helpful in searching for your category or parent category. The shortcut for the Find and Replace tool is Ctrl+F.
5) Ensure that you have found the correct category. Many categories have the similar names.
- EXAMPLE: There is a Men's Shoes category under the Costumes & Dress Up category and a Men's Shoes category under the Clothing, Shoes & Accessories.
- The easiest way to verify the category is to find the name associated with the Parent_id.
- Scroll up or down to find the name of the parent category.
6) You also want to ensure you have selected a leaf category (with no subcategories).
- If your category is used as the Parent_id for another category, select a subcategory instead.
7) Once you've verified your category. Copy the number from the id field.
8) Paste it into the jet:browse node id field in your Solid Commerce template.
Uploading Your Spreadsheet
1) Select the Product+Inventory tab of your file.
2) In the Solid Commerce Excel menu, click the Upload Data button.
- For items that already exist in a Warehouse in your Solid Commerce account, check only the Update Product option in the pop-up.
- For items you are adding to Solid Commerce for the first time, check both the Update Product and Update Inventory options.
3) After you upload the Product+Inventory tab, select the Jet - Existing Listing tab.
4) Click the Upload Data button and select the Update Marketplace option.
Downloadable Template With an Example Product
This file contains all of the required, strongly recommended, and optional fields described in this article. It also includes an example listing.
- Connecting to Jet
- Creating New Listings on Jet
- Packing Slips That Meet Jet's Guidelines
- Processing Return Requests on Jet Orders
Attachment from the Downloadable Template With an Example Product section: