What we'll cover:
- An Explanation of the Automation Setting
- Controlling the Automation
- Prices and Quantities Update Automatically
- Updating Listings
- Related Articles
An Explanation of the Automation Setting
The automation setting in Solid Commerce controls our ability to communicate with the marketplaces. It can be set independently for every item on each marketplace.
In any Market List, if the circular Automation icon is green, the automation is on. We are communicating with the marketplace about the automated item.
Changes to the following fields are sent to the marketplaces automatically: price, market auto rule, quantity, and listing quantity . See the Automatic Updating of Quantities and Prices section below for more details.
If the Automation icon is red, the automation is off. We are still receiving orders and updating the quantity internally, but we are not communicating with the marketplace.
Controlling the Automation
In the UI: You can turn the automation on or off by selecting products and clicking on the Start Automation or Stop Automation buttons.
In a spreadsheet: Use the "Run" column for each marketplace (Run Amazon, Run eBay, etc.). Enter Yes to turn the automation on, or No to turn it off.
Prices and Quantities Update Automatically
Any changes to your price or quantity are sent to all the marketplaces automatically. You can make the changes through the user interface or a spreadsheet.
Price changes include:
- Revisions to a fixed price. For example, changing the price from 19.99 to 21.99.
- Revisions to the Sale Price Expression field (for marketplaces that allow expressions). For example, changing your Amazon Sell Price from cost+2.49 to cost+2.99.
- Changes to your Market Auto Rule—including revising the rule that is already applied to your listing, or switching from one rule to another.
Quantity changes include:
- Revisions to the Quantity in the Warehouse. For example, changing from 1 to 4 when you get new stock.
- Revisions to the Listing Qty field. For example, changing your Amazon Qty Exp from lq to lq-1.
We automatically send updates when:
- The Last Price Set is different than the current price based on your Sell Price Expression and Market Auto Rule.
- The Last Qty Set is different than the current stock for the marketplace based on your Available Quantity and Listing Qty Formula:
Only price and quantity updates are sent to the marketplaces automatically. All listing updates involving product data or listing details need to be manually initiated.
Each marketplace has their own requirements for updating listings. To learn how to format your data, see the Updating Listings article for each marketplace.
Once your data is properly updated in Solid Commerce, you need to select the listings in your Solid Commerce Market List and click the Update Listings button.
- Articles about listing to the Marketplaces
- Searching for Products
- Updating eBay Listings
- Revising an eBay Listing Template and Updating Live Listings
- Closing Marketplace Listings