- The Situation
- Our Safeguard and the Notification We Send You
- Finding the Correct Listing
- Listing Your Item
As you may have experienced, sometimes Amazon finds multiple listings that match the UPC of the product you are trying to list. Most often, Amazon returns listing error 5500 when they find multiple matches, but occasionally they might return a different error.
Two problems can arise as the result of a match to multiple listings:
- Many times Amazon picks one of the listings and adds you to it. The listing they pick might not actually be for the product you are selling—not good for a lot of reasons.
- Even though Amazon lists your product, they send an error back to us, so we think your product did not list.
- That would leave your listing loose on Amazon. Solid Commerce would have no way to control it.
We have developed a solution to prevent these problems.
Our Safeguard and the Notification We Send You
To help with these problems, we have implemented a two-step process:
- We try to find, and close, live listings for any items with listing errors in Solid Commerce, and a status of Offline.
- We email you a notification to let you know additional action is required to list your item.
- The subject line of the email is: Solid Commerce Notice - Amazon Listing Error
Finding the Correct Listing
When you have an item with a multiple listing match error, here is the best practice for preventing bad listings and finding good ones:
- Check out the item in Solid Commerce.
- Solid Commerce closed the listing.
- The listing should have an ASIN assigned to it. Clicking on the rectangular paper icon to the right of the ASIN will open the listing Amazon chose in a new window.
- If you want to keep your Seller Central account clean, you will want to delete the incorrect listing from Seller Central.
- If it has a Last Listing Result of: "Closing Listing succeeded. Feed ID: ...," like in the screen capture above, Amazon listed the item.
- If they put you on a good listing, you can simply turn the Automation back On for the item. It will list again.
- If they added you to an incorrect listing, proceed to step 2 below.
- When you find the listing you want to sell on, copy the ASIN.
Listing Your Item
With the ASIN fresh in your clipboard, go into your Solid Commerce account.
- Open the Add / Modify Product pop-up window by clicking on the Product Name or pencil icon.
- If Amazon originally placed you on an incorrect listing, you can paste the new ASIN directly over the existing one.
- In the ASIN field, paste your good ASIN. Click the Save button at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- Close the Add / Modify Product pop-up window.
- That means you will get placed on the correct listing, even if there was a multiple match error with the UPC.
- When Solid Commerce has an ASIN, we will send that to Amazon instead of the UPC.
This process will prevent you from getting damaging orders for items you don't actually sell, and ensure you get listed on the best possible listing.